Join our community of wonderful people like you, making a difference in the world.
Swap It Like It’s Hot for Shelter
April 19 @ 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Turn your unwanted items into new-to-you treasures and come along to this season’s Swap It Like It’s Hot event!
After the massive successes of our Swap Shop events, we’re back and in collaboration with Shelter and Revolution!
Revolution on Mitchell Street, downstairs bar area – over 18’s only due to licensing but you can grab some food and drinks in there while you wait.
How it goes
– Drop off between 12.30pm- 2pm
– Exchange your items for swap tokens (fully recyclable paper tickets)
– As our volunteers set up the swap space you can get some food and drinks upstairs in Revolution
– Doors open to swap between 3-4pm
– Exchange your tokens for new-to-you items
– Just before closing we will be drawing the winners for our raffle prizes
Raffle – Tickets £1 each – proceeds towards the running of the event and Shelter
Please bring along a maximum of 10 good quality, clean, unwanted items such as:
– clothes of all sizes (with hangers please!), shoes that still have a lot of life in them and aren’t in disrepair as we don’t have someone on site to repair
– books, DVDs
– toiletries that are full or barely used (no makeup or soaps that have touched skin please due to hygiene reasons)
– toys, games
Last year we had some people who dropped off dirty and unwearable clothing, this is not a rag collection and it’s unfair to swap items that are not fit for purpose as someone else will lose out.
We also ask that clothes are brought with hangers, as this will make it much easier to set up and make the event go a lot smoother.
All leftover items will be donated to Shelter to raise money for the extremely important work they do to support those facing problems with all aspects of housing