Society Zero has gone from strength to strength and we’re so excited for the future. We thought we’d give you an update on how we’re doing and also help you get ready for our first swap shop!
With special thanks to everyone who supported our crowdfunder to help us get started we couldn’t thank you enough and are forever grateful, to all of our customers and followers (new and not so old), you’ve been amazing, to the schools and workplaces that have had us in to host talks – everything and everyone, just… wow!
We are overwhelmed and grateful for the encouragement, the excitement, passion and support for reducing waste, helping the environment and supporting social and supporting local. If you don’t already follow us on social media, why not follow our day to day happenings and be kept up to date of our new product lines?
Funding and Award success for Society Zero CIC!
We are the proud recipients of not only one but two social funding awards! With a massive thank you to Firstport and UnLtd for believing in us and supporting our mission.
This has allowed us to not only expand our stock range further, but also help us get into our own Society Zero HQ and best of all, start working on our social zero waste events side, as well as provide outreach programmes.
To add to our successes – our founder Sophie Lejeune has also been named as one of the most inspiring, influential and leading women in social enterprises in 2018 Pioneers Post’s WISE100 list!
The future looks bright and circular – A social enterprise circular business
We were lucky and honoured to host a stall at the amazing Circular Economy Hotspot Scotland 2018 last week, we met so many people from other areas of circular economy field whether in education, business but also individuals interested in what they can do.
During the conference we also met up with Zero Waste Scotland to talk about our massive ideas for furthering Society Zero other than only being a zero waste shop that has also been approved by Circular Glasgow and Glasgow Chamber of Commerce. Thankfully the response has been extremely positive and we’re now working towards building a business case to make it all a reality.
Whilst we are not allowed to reveal the ideas and plans yet, we can say that we’re looking forward to working with zero waste shops in the future and individuals supportive of a circular business model.
We are so excited by the response to our first swap shop this weekend! Here are some reminders of what will happen on the day and what we can do:
- Drop off times between 2:45 and 4pm then we sort everyone’s items out for an hour and you can come back and ‘free shop’/swap between 5:00 and 6:30pm – for the hour inbetween waiting, there are loads of amazing cafe’s around the area
- All clothing must be clean and in good enough condition for you to donate and swap
- Bring clothes, books, accessories (belts, necklaces, bags, scarves etc) and toiletries that are unused or nearly new for swapping – Please bring hangers for your clothing if they need to be hung up
- We cannot accept shoes, children’s clothing, underwear, kitchen wares, homewares or jewellery that is inserted (earrings/body piercing jewellery)
- We also cannot give more than one ticket per item for more value as this would be unfair to those who are bringing along something that you could deem less valuable for swapping
- At the end of the event if you haven’t found something you wanted to swap for and your items are already swapped, we cannot give you a refund or be held accountable for this
- If there are any items left over at the end of the night that nobody would like to take, then we will be donating these to projects around Glasgow such as women’s refuge/shelter, housing projects or other permanent swap shops
- You’ll also be able to buy a raffle ticket to win a ‘zero waste kit’ at the event too
If you have any last minute questions please don’t hesitate to contact us through our social media or via email.
Remember to tag your swaps with #SZswapitlikeitshot – looking forward to meeting you all!