The humble oat strikes again! This week’s recipe is an easy dairy-free oatcake recipe, perfect to make as a batch ahead of a busy week. Ideal as a quick snack, oatcakes go with everything: vegetable dips, bean hummus, soup or cheese!
Benefits of oats include:
- Oats contain a particular type of soluble fibre called beta-glucan, which has been shown to reduce cholesterol levels.
- The fat found in oats carries the fat-soluble vitamin E, which is a disease-fighting anti-oxidant.
- Oats have a low to moderate GI to help you keep your glucose levels stable.
- About 12 per cent of the energy from oats is protein, making oats a truly valuable grain for vegetarians.
- Oats is packed with micronutrients such as potassium, calcium, manganese, phosphorus, vitamin B1 and zinc.
It’s our mission to bring you products and ideas to enhance your health, save you money and help you live plastic-free.
Pick up your ingredients to make this recipe in-store today at 162 Queen Margaret Drive and try it for yourself!
Remember that we also have fruit & veg boxes to click and collect every week on Friday, perfect to make vegetable dips to go with the oatcakes!