Our big holiday Swap It Like It’s Hot event is here – Come help us transform the shop for our one day big holiday swap shop event!
We’re closing the shop early for this one evening to host the much anticipated and well awaited big holiday swap shop event! Who knows, you might find the perfect celebratory outfit to wear or a gift for that special someone while reducing waste the best way!
The cost £4.00 entry for this event is to help cover staffing, transport of leftover donations and catering from special food waste saving guests. Secure your space and ticket here
Guidelines for a joyful experience in Swap It Like It’s Hot
- Make sure you’ve got your ticket so that we can keep track of numbers properly for who is coming along due to space and safety reasons
- As mandatory with entry in public spaces, masks must be worn unless exempt or in the food area
- Save your clothes, accessories and books that are in good condition (that you’d be happy to post on eBay) to bring along
- Any unused beauty products and gift boxes welcome, open/used cannot be submitted due to hygiene reasons
- Make sure they’re clean (no underwear or worn earrings or piercing jewellery due to hygiene reasons)
- Drop your items off between 2pm – 3.30pm and collect your tokens for swapping for the items
- Buy raffle tickets on the day to win a special Society Zero C.I.C zero waste gift hamper!
- Feast on some tasty treats from special guest food waste savers!
- Come back between 6pm – 8pm to ‘free-shop’, remember to bring a reusable bag to carry home your goods
- There is no extra allocation of paper tokens for higher value items, we trust that you will be happy to swap them for something else new to you
- We’ll announce the winner of the raffle on our social media and get in touch with you directly (number or email address taken for your raffle ticket purchase only)
- Any unclaimed items will be donated to shelters and projects within Glasgow (we hope not too much is left over though)
Ready for a great Swap It Like It’s Hot event? Register for your ticket here and help us reduce waste this holiday season while supporting our little social enterprise zero waste shop.